Thursday, December 10, 2009

Tundra Swan

On Saturday, Dec. 5th, I was driving through Crex on my way home from photo club when I spotted a lone Tundra Swan on Dike 1. I thought it was strange that it was all alone but really didn't give it much thought. Today I found out from toomanykayaks that it was rescued the next day and was found to be suffering from severe lead poisoning. I should have known better than to have ignored it. I have no further details other than what I just posted.
So just a reminder for anyone to notify your local DNR if you should spot anything out of the ordinary like this.
Kathy J.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Dale Bohlke said...

Mary walked across the ice to get it and fortunately did not break through. With enough of these birds being treated I hope there will be an effective treatment discovered. It's my impression there were more Tundras here this fall.
Dale