Sunday, April 17, 2011

Bobcats and Butterflies


When I set this camera up last week it was 70 degrees, I was in my t-shirt, and butterflies were dancing along the trail. Yesterday the wind chill was in the low 20's, there was snow on the ground, and I had three layers on to keep warm. One of my biggest fears with trail cams is theft or vandalism so I usually place the cameras where their is little anticipated human activity. Boy was I wrong this time! In addition to a fisher, raccoon, several porcupines, a couple deer, and this bobcat there was a group on horseback (illegally) and a couple guys in knee boots. The good news is the camera was not molested. The best news is this bobcat stopped for a photo. The wood planks are 2 by 6's and give a sense of size to the bobcat. Earlier in the year one was harvested by hunters and this one moved into the vacated area about a month ago.
Dale

No comments: