Sunday, May 2, 2010

Franklin's Dance

This animal is currently in the Crex spotlight after years of invisibility. It's no wonder since according to one source only 10% of their time is above ground. Thanks to the prescribed burn we will be able to watch for her (?) over the next couple weeks. Credit goes to Kathy for seeing it and giving me a location. I walked the road with only a pair of binoculars while searching for it. There was a fox hunting and I started to follow it. When I turned around the Franklin's was standing upright half way between me and the truck where the camera gear was located. Fortunately it was hungry and allowed me to watch and record it for several minutes.
Dale

1 comment:

Crex Meadows Lovers said...

I'm so glad you were able to get this great video. It looks like a female so maybe there will be more around eventually.