Thursday, December 2, 2010

A hint of the sun

I spent yesterday afternoon in the Amsterdam Sough area where a local trapper was setting traps for mink and fisher. As a visitor to the area I forget the economic resource Crex properties are to many residents. This gentleman had memories of trapping beaver through the winter for the pelts and to help feed his family of six. He commented on the high cost of gas and how it cuts into his profit margin. Thank goodness I don't have to worry about my photography profit margin.

With the overcast light black and white images were the only photo opportunities and I stopped several times to create various compositions of the pines and snow.


On the way back to the cabin there was about 15 minutes of sweet light, just enough to remember what the sun looks like and get a couple shots.

Dale

No comments: